Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 19th November 2014
at 7.30 p.m. in the Jeff Gill Room, Village Hall, Great Ouseburn.
Present: Cllr K Scott (Chairman), Cllr B Robinson (Vice Chairman), Cllr M Rampling, Cllr Ian Shaw, Cllr M Grant, Cllr J Burton.
In Attendance: Mrs L Evely (Clerk)
Also present: nil
- Apologies received for absence: Cllr G Potter, Cllr C Lewis (Harrogate Borough Council), Cllr J Savage (NYCC), Neil Waite (North Yorkshire Police).
- Declarations of Interest. All Parish Councillors are Trustees of the Village Hall and declare their personal interests in the Village Hall. Members to indicate whether they will be declaring any other interests under the Code of Conduct.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 15th October 2014: The minutes were agreed as a true and correct record plus signed and dated by the Chairman.
- Public Participation. Any member of the public present at the meeting may make representations, answer questions or give evidence in relation to the business to be transacted. Members of the council who have a prejudicial interest in relation to any item of business to be transacted may also speak in relation to that matter.
Please note that the Chairman will control this session and will exercise his discretion as to the amount of time allowed for public participation. No decisions are made at this part of the meeting – this will be done by the Council having heard and noted the representations made: nil
- Progress Reports. To receive progress reports as follows:
- Free landing/Breathing Places project (minute 2011.110.1 refers). Cllr Rampling kindly sprayed under the arches completing all works for the winter period. Cllr Scott and Cllr Rampling said they will check the pontoons for any loose boards.
- LDP Affordable Housing Site, Branton (minute 2012.074 refers). No news.
- Allerton Waste Recovery Park (minute 2011.110.2 refers). Current highway works taking place of widening the road.
- Highways issues –
- Update on the NYCC Urban Grass Cutting to be discussed (minute 2014.035,055,057 & 65.4 refers): Cllr Robinson requesting a quotation from Mr Young to be discussed at next month’s meeting: All present agreed this work is to be offered to Mr. Rich Grant and accept his quotations. The clerk is to also ask if it will be possible to carry out 8 cuts and more if and when necessary.
- Mr K Horner email dated 13.10.14 re: grass verges and hedgerows on Carrside: Cllr Potter to arrange the work to cut back the hedgerow in question and verge. It is estimated to cost approx. £30 all present agreed to pay at next month’s meeting – This was still outstanding therefore Cllr Robinson agreed to arrange works to be carried out with Websters.
- Churchfield Lane and Cross Lane potholes have all been finished. Cllr Scott requested the clerk to contact highways to report that the tarmac is higher than the verge therefore may deteriorate.
- Tree Management – Village Green Oak Trees: The crowns require lifting. Cllr Robinson is to request Nigel Roskilly to carry out the work: This work is still outstanding
- Commuted Sums: Councillors are concerned that due to on-going issues with the new Forge development that we as a parish will miss out on the commuted sums payment if issues continue up until April. The clerk is to get advice from Cllr Lewis and to chase.
- Fishpond conservation area: The meeting that was held on Sunday the 26th October 2014 at 10am had a good turn-out. Cllr Scott is enquiring about purchasing a bench possibly using commuted sum money. The bench could have a plaque with a lasered sketch of Little Ouseburn Church by Anne Bronte if given permission from the Bronte Parsonage. Cllr Scott estimates the bench to cost £299, brass plaque effect £45 + £16 fixing plates, concrete £100. Cllr Scott also e-mailing Little Ouseburn Parish to see if they are in agreement and wish to contribute towards the cost.
Highway works have finished on Fishpond Bridge and it is now re-open.
- Allotments – update on the drainage to be discussed plus tenant vacancies: Cllr Robinson said that Mr Young has quoted £100 for the drainage works to be carried out. Works may be carried out in January weather dependant.
- Gladman Developments Ltd – no news to date as nothing made public.
- Vicki Lever – Youth Development Worker re: Formation of a Youth Club: No news.
- The Crown Inn – Assets of Community Value Nomination: The Chairman read out the letter dated 23rd November 2014 where Harrogate Borough Council recommends The Crown Pub to be listed as an asset to the community – will go for consideration before making a final decision normally the process takes 8 weeks before the result is received.
- Senior Citizens Christmas Dinner: £550 has been kindly donated from the Beer Festival. All present agreed for the dinner to be held at The Dunsforth at £20ph.
- Children’s Play Area: Work still outstanding and to be discussed at the next meeting.
- NYCC Street Lighting Energy Reduction Programme for Great Ouseburn: NYCC E-mail readout by the Chairman. Their decision was still to go ahead with their proposed scheme.
- Planning decisions notified by Harrogate Borough Council.
2014.117.1 Mr & Mrs D Hillier, Rosehurst, Main Street, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9RE DCPEFULZ 14/03441/FUL 6.80.18.A.FUL Erection of replacement front wall, railings and gate, formation of replacement hard standing and removal of hedge within Great Ouseburn Conservation Area: Grant planning permission subject to conditions.
To note any decisions received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: None to date
- Planning applications
2014.118.1 Mr Stephen Chapman, Hillrise, Moor Lane, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire, YO26 9TT 6.80.104.E.FUL 14/04080/FUL Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of single storey extension: All present agreed no objections.
To consider any planning applications received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting:
2014.118.2 Ms Sarra Borrowdale Copthorne Farm Barn, Main Street, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9RE 6.80.192.FUL 14/04072/FUL Erection of stables. All present agreed no objections.
- Questions from Councillors. To consider questions from Councillors.
- Statement of accounts for the period 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015. To consider the statement of accounts for the current year and approve payments therein: All agreed as a true and correct record.
Great North Air Ambulance (Donation)
HBC Annual Grass Cutting Works
- Harrogate Borough Council: Un-resourced demands for litter/dog waste bins letter dated 17.10.14 Deadline for response is by 22.12.14: Not interested as obtained elsewhere.
- Sanctuary Housing for Mr. Shaun Bushy and Alice Slattery 8 Branton Court, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9RJ– The Parish Council to verify the connections to the village: The Parish Councillors are unable to verify as the applicants are not known and do not live in the village.
- Sanctuary Housing for Yvonne Hadley (nee Linden) 8 Branton Court, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9RJ– The Parish Council to verify the connections to the village: The Councillors verified applicant as known and grown up and lived within the village in the past.
- Yorkshire Water e-mail dated 30.10.2014: Locating Private sewage pumping stations for transfer to Yorkshire Water: none known of in the village but the contents of the e-mail were noted.
- Library Service Consultations 2014 e-mail dated the 03.11.14 – The councillors are to see if they wish to complete the survey with their views: Cllr Scott completing the survey.
Items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting:
- Harrogate Borough Council Parish Precept Estimates 2015/16: All agreed not to increase the precept and leave as the current figures.
- General Circulation Correspondence received – for information only. This was noted and passed for circulation by the clerk
- North Yorkshire County Council, County Area Committee for the Harrogate District to be held on Thursday 20th November 2014 at 9.30am at Ripon Spa Hotel, Park Lane, Ripon.
- Reports from representatives. To receive reports from the Council’s representatives on the following organisations:
- Village Hall Committee: Christmas Carol Concert to be held on the 6th December. There will be mince pies and mulled wine. The money will go to the GOVH and the concert.
The refurbishment of the Gents toilets will take place in January/February time.
The £6000 from Go Le Tour will go to do the refurbishment of the Kitchen.
- Police Liaison Group – no news
- Yore Vision– no news
- Matters for inclusion on the next Agenda: Playground Area and Tree management (Bonfire damage)
- Date and Time of next meeting. To confirm that the next meeting of the Council will be held on Monday 15th December 2014 at 7.30 p.m. in the Jeff Gill Room at the Village Hall, Great Ouseburn.
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.