«

»

Minutes

DRAFT FOR APPROVAL AT MEETING PClogo

 

Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 15th October 2014
at 7.30 p.m. in the Jeff Gill Room, Village Hall, Great Ouseburn.

Present: Cllr K Scott (Chairman), Cllr B Robinson (Vice Chairman), Cllr M Rampling, Cllr G Potter, Cllr M Grant, Cllr J Burton.

In Attendance:  Mrs L Evely (Clerk)       

Also present: Cllr C Lewis (Harrogate Borough Council), 42 members of the public

  1. Apologies received for absence: Cllr Ian Shaw, Cllr J Savage (NYCC), Neil Waite (North Yorkshire Police).
  2. Declarations of Interest.  All Parish Councillors are Trustees of the Village Hall and declare their personal interests in the Village Hall.  Members to indicate whether they will be declaring any other interests under the Code of Conduct.
  3. Minutes of the previous meeting. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 17th September 2014: The minutes were agreed as a true and correct record plus signed and dated by the Chairman.
  4. Public Participation.   Any member of the public present at the meeting may make representations, answer questions or give evidence in relation to the business to be transacted.  Members of the council who have a prejudicial interest in relation to any item of business to be transacted may also speak in relation to that matter.
    Please note that the Chairman will control this session and will exercise his discretion as to the amount of time allowed for public participation.  No decisions are made at this part of the meeting – this will be done by the Council having heard and noted the representations made:See minutes 2014.098.9
  5. Progress Reports.  To receive progress reports as follows:
    1. Free landing/Breathing Places project (minute 2011.110.1 refers). Cllr Potter kindly cut the grass and strimmed the hedges. The Clerk has requested the public bin at the entrance to be emptied by Harrogate Borough Council as it is overflowing and not been emptied since June. This will be done within the next 5 days.
    2. LDP Affordable Housing Site, Branton (minute 2012.074 refers). An Archaeological Survey has taken place – nothing was found in the trial holes.
    3. Allerton Waste Recovery Park (minute 2011.110.2 refers).  No news.
    4. Highways issues –
  • Update on the NYCC Urban Grass Cutting to be discussed (minute 2014.035,055,057 & 65.4 refers): Cllr Robinson requesting a quotation from Mr Young to be discussed at next month’s meeting.
  • Mr K Horner email dated 13.10.14 re: grass verges and hedgerows on Carrside: Cllr Potter to arrange the work to cut back the hedgerow in question and verge. It is estimated to cost approx. £30 all present agreed to pay at next month’s meeting.
  • Street light number 1 on Branton lane corner going down to the Bungalows is not working. The Clerk is to report to the council.
 
    1. Tree Management – Village Green Oak Trees: The crowns require lifting. Cllr Robinson is to request Nigel Roskilly to carry out the work.
    2. Commuted Sums: Clerk is awaiting a response from Harrogate Borough Council to see if the Parish has been paid for Rosehill and no news on The Forge.
    3. Fishpond conservation area: A meeting was agreed to be held on Sunday the 26th October 2014 at 10am on site to finalise a sub-committee for this area.
    4. Allotments – update on the drainage to be discussed plus tenant vacancies: Cllr Robinson is to get in touch with his contact and let the clerk know a date for when work can be carried out. This is to be done before the clerk writes to allotment holders as it was agreed that the Parish Council are to give the allotment holders one month’s notice.Once the drainage has been rectified, 2 vacant allotment plots are to be advertised by the clerk for annual rental.
    5. Gladman Developments Ltd – Possible development of the Seggans: The Clerk is to contact CPRE to get advice and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust re: any issues that the development may affect. Cllr Scott is to contact the Aboriculturist regarding The Avenue trees as the developer plans to remove one on their plans. Even though it is a young tree it has a TPO on it.It was the view of the public and Councillors to ignore and not reply to Gladman developments as the next stage is a possible ‘Outline Application’.

      The Council expressed to the public that the documentation currently received IS NOT  a planning application and should not respond with all their in depth views/objections until an official planning application is received. The Parish Council is to maintain an open mind as no application has been submitted and cannot pre-dispose therefore will have to wait to comment on the application. It is also vitally important if the public have strong opinions on the development then they need to also respond individually.

      If the public wish to respond to Gladmans at this stage it is their decision to do so and can also copy the Clerk their responses to clerk@great-ouseburn.org

    6. Vicki Lever – Youth Development Worker re: Formation of a Youth Club: This still requires volunteers. Cllr Scott has scanned the poster and e-mailed Barry Atkinson.
    7. The Crown Inn – Assets of Community Value Nomination: The Clerk has sent the application to Harrogate Borough Council and awaiting a response. 
  1. Planning decisions notified by Harrogate Borough Council.2014.099.1 Mr R Branscombe, 17 Branton Close, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9SF DCREPDUZ 14/02813/PDUCO 6.80.189.PDUCO Erection of fence: Refuse planning permission.

    2014.099.2 Mrs Swann, The Forge, Main Street, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire, YO26 9RF DCPEFULZ 14/02968/FUL 6.80.190.FUL Grant Planning Permission subject to conditions.

    To note any decisions received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: None to date

     

  2. Planning applications 

    To consider any planning applications received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none to date

     

  3. Questions from Councillors.  To consider questions from Councillors:It was raised that at the Beer Festival under aged drinkers may have been served alcohol. This will be feedback to the Beer Festival and the village hall to take appropriate measures for future events.

     

  4. Statement of accounts for the period 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015.  To consider the statement of accounts for the current year and approve payments therein: All present agreed as a true and correct record.

P16/14

PKF Littlejohn (External Audit Fee)

£120.00

P17/14

Harrogate Borough Council (Playground Inspection Fee)

£60.00

P18/14

W T Webster & Sons (Cricket field hedge cutting)

£54.00

P19/14

Came & Company (PC Annual Insurance)

£1147.08

 

2014.102.1 Great North Air Ambulance – To discuss the annual donation: All present agreed to donate £50.

2014.102.2 Senior Citizens Christmas Dinner – Councillors to discuss if this is to take place this year and if so location and cost: Cllr Robinson is to obtain details from The Anchor at Whixley. Cllr Burton is to obtain details from The Dunsforth and Cllr Potter from Ye Olde Punchbowl at Marton-Cum-Grafton. At the next meeting the Councillors are to compare the prices and menus and check availability for Thursday the 11th December 2014 12.30 onwards.

A mini bus will also need to be provided i.e. Dodsworths enquiries to be made after venue booked.

2014.102.3 Harrogate Borough Council – Litter Picking Duties. Does the Parish Council wish to carry on the duties between 01.04.15 – 31.03.15? All agreed for the Parish Council to carry on the duty.

Cllr Potter informed the Council that the Gang mower is due another service by Harlands. All approved for this to be organised by Cllr Potter.

  1. PKF Littlejohn: Audit report. Report read to the Council by the Chairman and noted.
  2. Harrogate Borough Council: 2014 Playground Inspection Report. This was read by the chairman and agreed to be discussed at the next meeting also to discuss is how the Parish Council can make improvements and fence off a Toddler area. How to raise money or look at possible grants. The following comments were made in this meeting:
  • Fencing damage – this is to be kept an eye on.
  • Gateway Roots, trip hazard – this is to be kept an eye on.
  • Emergency Contact Details, recommended to be displayed – Village Hall Website address agreed to be displayed.
  • Litter bin not secured – This is to be reported to Harrogate Borough Council.
  • Tree Canopy is overgrown over the swings – Agreed for Cllr Robinson to contact Nigel Roskilly to see if he could undertake the work plus to remove the weeds and spray algae on the surface.
  • Roundabout Fixings missing on the turning wheel, replacements required. Cllr Robinson is to ask Mr Young to see if he can fix. If this is not possible then the clerk is to contact the manufacturer and ask for them to inspect and provide a quotation.
  • The Multi Play timber treads have decayed. Cllr Rampling kindly offered to have a look at these with a view to replacing.
  • Ski Stepper – Cllr Robinson will ask Mr Young to look at the repairs.
  1. North Yorkshire County Council – Street Lighting Energy Reduction Programme – Parish Council to discuss and report back with their views to NYCC: The clerk is to ask if the lights in question can be converted to low energy bulbs and leave them on all night. The Parish Council do not wish for the lights to be turned off completely.
  2. Harrogate Borough Council Waste and Budget Consultation September 2014 – Questionnaire to be completed by the Parish Council with their views and to be returned by 21st November 2014. Cllr Scott is to respond and complete the questionnaire.
  3. Sanctuary Housing for Mr. Paul Robinson, 2 Branton Court, Great Ouseburn, York, North Yorkshire YO26 9RJ– The Parish Council to verify Mr Robinson’s connection to the village: The Councillors verified and the clerk is to respond to Sanctuary Housing.Items received after publication of this agenda and prior to the meeting: none
  4. General Circulation Correspondence received – for information only.  This was noted and passed for circulation by the clerk    
  5. Reports from representatives.  To receive reports from the Council’s representatives on the following organisations:
    1. Village Hall Committee: The kitchen and Gents toilets are being refurbished with the Tour De France money.There will be a School Halloween Party, a quiz on November the 14th and Christmas Concert.
    2. Police Liaison Group: No current news
    3. Yore Vision: No current news
  1. Matters for inclusion on the next Agenda: Christmas Dinner, Children’s Play Area, Grounds Maintenance, Crown Inn Assets of Community
  2. Date and Time of next meeting.  To confirm that the next meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday 19th November 2014 at 7.30 p.m. in the Jeff Gill Room at the Village Hall, Great Ouseburn.There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.35 p.m.